The American flag was less than fifty years old when Alexander Annin began making for the merchant ships in his sail-making shop on the New York City waterfront in the 1820’s.
Since that time Annin & Co. has grown and prospered along with our nation, the story of our company is interwoven with the story of America itself:
- It was an Annin flag that flew at the inauguration of President Zachary Taylor, starting an inaugural tradition that has continued through the inauguration of President George W. Bush.
- An Annin flag draped the coffin of President Abraham Lincoln on its journey from Washington D.C. to Springfield, Illinois.
- The U.S. Marines raised an Annin flag atop Mount Suribachi on Iwo Jima in 1945
- NASA selected an Annin flag to participate in Apollo 11’s mission to the moon in 1969.
Today Annin & Co. is America’s oldest and largest flag company, remaining heads and shoulders above any other U.S. flag manufacturing company in the United States.
Annin & Co. is still family owned and operated and Annin attributes its longevity and success to its dedication to quality and service to its customers. Annin hires the best workers, trains them and gives them the best materials and equipment to work with and from that, gets the best quality flags.
As a founding member of the Flag Manufactures Association of America (FMAA) Annin certifies that its American flags have been made in the USA of materials that are domestic in origin and that all processes in every step of its manufacture were completed in USA facilities with USA labor.
See our selection of quality Annin Flags in our online catalog
Please contact us for more information on our full line of Annin Flags including:
- State Flags
- Historical Flags
- International Flags
- Armed Forces Flags
- Marine Flags and Patriotic Decorations
Downtown Graphics Network has a number of screen printed patriotic banners that are also 100% made in the USA.